Invisalign is a popular orthodontic treatment that makes your smile more beautiful. The name is derived from invisible aligners – that practically remain hidden inside the mouth. The procedure is suitable for individuals who have teeth misalignment problems ranging from mild to moderate levels. Moreover, the orthodontic treatment also aligns with the bite. All kinds of bite problems – overbite, underbite, and cross bite – are treated with Invisalign too. Clear plastic aligner trays are used to move the teeth gradually into the right alignment. To facilitate teeth movement you have to keep wearing the aligner trays at least 20 hours a day. Unlike fixed braces, these trays can be easily worn off and on. Thus, you can easily maintain optimum oral hygiene through brushing and flossing and can snack on almost anything whenever you want while on Invisalign treatment.
Advantages of Offers :
This discreet tooth straightening procedure is steadily gaining popularity. The question is why? There are innumerable factors behind it.
- This procedure makes use of removable trays to facilitate teeth movement, unlike its conventional counterpart that uses brackets glued to the teeth and connected with wires.
- The trays are created with help of digital imaging to provide you with precise treatment.
- As the trays are removable you can easily continue with brushing, flossing, and other activities to maintain optimum oral hygiene.
- The trays practically remain invisible inside the mouth. Thus, the treatment is discreet and there is no need for you to get embarrassed.
- Compared to conventional teeth straightening cost it is not unjustified expensive.
- It offers highly predictable treatment results.
- The procedure suits most adults and teens and patients have to do the very little adjustment with their daily lifestyle.
The way the Procedure Works :
First, you book the initial consultation with your orthodontist. This customary check-up is crucial because this is when the expert assesses your teeth, gums, and overall mouth to decide whether you are an appropriate candidate for the treatment. In the next step – that is if and when everything is okay from both sides – a series of the 3D digital impression of the patient’s mouth is extracted. The impressions are sent to the Invisalign laboratory. Experts sitting there at the back end make precision trays based on the impressions sent. This set of trays actually facilitates teeth movement. The number of trays for patients is a variable quantity; it depends on the severity of teeth misalignment and the estimated time frame of the treatment. You have to visit the orthodontist in his or her practice again to collect the trays. Now the dental expert explains in detail how to use the trays and how do they work. You start with the first tray in your set and gradually move ahead to consecutive higher numbers. Each tray is usually worn for two weeks and then you move on to the next one. By the time you take out the last tray in the series from your mouth, your smile has improved significantly as if by magic.
Care and Maintenance tips :
Invisalign retainers, braces, and aligners are all the same. It is also known as clear braces, transparent aligners, and removable plastic braces. Compared to conventional brackets and braces this one offers a host of benefits. However, you have to take proper care of it. Here is a list of do’s and don’ts to help you take proper care and maintenance of your clear plastic aligners.
- Keep the removable aligners in a safe place when those are not in use. The best way is to place it inside the protective case that came with it. This way you won’t lose them now and then. Moreover, the braces remain clean and hygienic inside the case. Chances of them bent out of shape can also be eliminated. It’s relevant mentioning here, dogs love chewing these plastic aligners. So, if you have pets at home, beware!
- Never sip tea, coffee, or any other hot drink wearing these aligners. The braces are made from high-quality plastic that is easily flexible. Any hot drink can modify the shape of your aligners making them ineffective.
- If you have taken out the plastic aligners from your mouth do clean them thoroughly. This is an effective way to prevent plaque or tartar build-up inside the trays. If the trays are not thoroughly washed on regular basis harmful bacteria grown inside them. It may also lead to bad odor or bad breath problems.
- Thoroughly rinse the plastic trays under cold water. However, a more thorough cleaning is necessary at least once daily. Use a gentle toothbrush and any anti-bacterial soft soap solution for thorough cleaning of the item. If you are not sure which solution to use, ask your orthodontist to recommend you.
- Every time you wear the aligners only after brushing and flossing the teeth. The best way to avoid harmful bacteria build-up inside the trays is to clean them as thoroughly and frequently as possible.
Stick to the basics of dental hygiene when you are undergoing Invisalign teeth straightening treatment. Brush and floss the teeth properly day in and day out. Do not skip wearing the aligners for long. To get expected results within the estimated time period you have to keep wearing the braces at least 20 hours a day. In other words, your commitment counts a lot. If you think you can’t make it then a renowned Invisalign provider says it is better not to go for the treatment in the first place.
Do not soak the plastic trays in mouthwash or any denture cleansing solution. This precaution is necessary as it may discolor your aligner trays. Try not to skip the scheduled appointments with the orthodontist during the course of treatment. Those routine check-ups are helpful to monitor the progress. The expert also makes necessary adjustments to your braces during those scheduled check-ups.