You may not know his name, but you have seen his work. One of the biggest names in Hollywood happens to be Simon Halls, one of those publicists able to lay claim to being an elite member of the profession. He is also married to an actor and producer, Matt Bomer, who features in different series such as White Collar, The Normal Heart, and American Horror Story.
They therefore feature amongst the most valued and celebrated couples in the world of entertainment. In this article, we will take an exclusive look into the life and career of Simon Halls, the man who has helped shape the image and reputation of some of the most beloved and iconic celebrities on the face of the Earth, while never losing sight of what truly matters: his true self and his family.
Birth, Parents, and Education
Simon Halls was born in Toronto, Canada on January 12, 1964. He has a brother named Yakov, but we don’t know his parents’ names or jobs. Simon went to Crescent School in Ontario and dated some girls before realizing he was gay. He came out as gay in high school and moved to the United States at 17 for college. He got a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern California.
Simon Halls is among the largest and most successful publicists to hit Hollywood who has worn many hats during his long time in Hollywood.
- He found his way into Warner Bros as his first job after graduation at University of Southern California.
- He went to Russia to be the public relations manager for the first McDonald’s in the country.
- He founded his PR firm, Huvane Baum Halls, in 1995, which later merged with PMK in 2001.
- He was in charge of promoting the movies Gladiator and Brokeback Mountain for the Oscars.
- He founded Slate PR in the year 2010, which has offices based in Los Angeles and New York.
- He has represented big names in Hollywood from Jude Law, and Sarah Jessica Parker to Tom Ford and his husband Matt Bomer.
Simon Halls is one of the world’s greatest and most respected publicists in the world of entertainment who brings a mammoth experience and knowledge into his field.
Simon Halls is married to Matt Bomer, a famous actor who has starred in shows like White Collar, The Normal Heart, and American Horror Story. They met when Bomer hired Halls as his publicist, and started dating soon after. They got married in a small ceremony in 2011, but they didn’t tell anyone until 2014.
His three sons named Kit (born in 2005), Henry, and Walker (twins born in 2008). One of the most admired and respected couples in the entertainment industry, and received awards for their humanitarian work and advocacy for LGBTQ+ rights. They are also very supportive of their sons’ creativity and interests.
Philanthropy and Activism of Simon Halls
Simon Halls is a publicist who also gives back to his community. He cares deeply about causes like helping children, supporting LGBTQ+ rights, and raising awareness about HIV/AIDS. Spends his time and money on these important issues.
He and his husband Matt Bomer have been honored with various awards for their humanitarian work and advocacy. Here are some examples of their philanthropy and activism:
- In 2017, they were given the Ambassador of Children Award at the Norma Jean Gala event held by Hollygrove. This event helps raise funds for Uplift Family Services, a nonprofit that helps children and families in need in Los Angeles.
- In 2019, they were honored with the Inspiration Award at the GLSEN Respect Awards, which recognizes individuals and organizations that have made a significant impact on the lives of LGBTQ+ youth.
- In 2020, they hosted the Together in Pride: You Are Not Alone livestream event, which raised funds and awareness for LGBTQ+ communities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In 2021, they participated in the AIDS Walk: Live at Home, which raised money and awareness for HIV/AIDS services and prevention.
Simon Halls and Matt Bomer are not only a power couple in Hollywood but also a force for good in the world. They use their platform and influence to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
Simon Halls is a successful publicist and businessman in the entertainment industry. He has worked with many famous clients and is estimated to have a net worth of $2.5 million. He is also the CEO of Slate PR, which he started in 2010. Simon is married to actor Matt Bomer, who has a net worth of $9 million. They are one of Hollywood’s most successful and respected couples.
Simon Halls is not very active on social media platforms. He has a personal Instagram account with 1375 followers, but doesn’t post often. He doesn’t have an account on Twitter or Facebook. Likes to keep his personal and work life private.
He is more focused on his work as a publicist and his family with Matt Bomer. He is not interested in sharing his opinions or activities online. Matt Bomer has an Instagram account with 1.3 M followers.
Simon Halls is a remarkable publicist, philanthropist, and activist, who has made a name for himself in Hollywood and beyond. He is also a loving husband to Matt Bomer and a proud father to their three sons. He is truly the man behind the stars.