Social Media Strategy: Ever wondered why your business isn’t soaring as high as you’d expect it to soar? Ever found yourself struggling to come up with ways to connect with your potential customers? Or worse, do your potential customers even know about your existence in the market?
If your mind has pondered upon these questions then you’re at the right place. Why? Because in this article, we will highlight and elaborate upon one of the excellent tools that serve as an answer to all the above questions.
We’re talking about social media marketing. Today, in this article we will discuss ways to create a winning social media strategy for your business. In other words, how you can leverage social media to attract leads and connect with your potential customers in ways that can convert them into your loyal clients/customers.
First things first, let’s just get some facts straight: social media marketing is just one aspect of digital marketing that can boost your business’s online presence and generate leads. You must make efforts in other areas of digital marketing as well such as website building, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and have an in-depth understanding of the distinctiveness of organic and inorganic marketing as well.
With this out of the way, let’s jump right into it!
Keep In Mind The Specificities Of Your Business
The first step involves noting down all the specificities of your business. You must think that you are the one who runs your business so you understand everything about your business. But this isn’t about the knowledge of your business. This is about compartmentalizing your business.
The following are the questions to which you should know the answers:
- What exactly does your business serve/sell?
- What type of model does your business have?: (E.g. B2B or B2C or something else?)
- Is the business brick-and-mortar, online, or both?
- Additional complexities of your business that might need to be explained to your potential
Create SMART Goal
Yes, the goals that you will set for your business will definitely be ‘smart’ but that’s not the kind of smart we’re talking about here.
Write down a goal for your business which is…
- Specific: What exactly needs to be done?
- Measurable: Is the goal measurable?
- Achievable: Is the goal achievable?
- Relevant: Is the goal relevant to your business?
- Time-bound: Until when can the goal be achieved?
Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Your Business
Key Performance Indicators are parameters that determine the performance of your business. In this case, the online performance needs to be determined for your business, and for this, you need to set KPIs.
Make sure that your KPIs are…
- Directly related to your business and the SMART goal that you drafted earlier.
- Directional (Able to increase or decrease)
Also, include the metric you will use to track the KPI.
Good examples of KPIs can be:
- Website Traffic
- Social media post impressions
- Conversion rates
Define Your Target Audience
The next step is to define the target audience for your services/products. You need to keep in mind that younger generations, millennials, and Gen-Zs, use social media platforms more frequently than baby boomers and Gen-X. This will help you narrow down your prospects and help you tailor your strategy accordingly in further steps.
You also need to define who your primary and secondary target audience is. The primary target audience consists of those who are most likely to get your attention on social media. The secondary target audience consists of people who are your potential customers but are less likely to respond to your social media activity as compared to the primary one.
Do the following if you already have a social media account for your business:
- Analyze your current social media followers.
- Understand what your audience needs from your profile.
- Consider factors like demographics, interests, and behavior.
- Monitor trends.
Use tools like Google Analytics and Meta Business Suite Insights to do the above tasks.
Understand the Customer Journey
The customer journey in the marketing world means the experiences that a potential customer goes through with respect to your service/product before and until he/she becomes your client/customer.
The stages of the customer journey include…
- Awareness: The prospect becomes aware of your business for the first time.
- Interest: The prospect becomes interested in what you have to offer.
- Desire: The prospect wants to buy your service/product.
- Conversion: The prospect takes the step of purchasing your product and becomes a client.
- Advocacy: The client/customer spreads the good word about your business.
Your job is to curate ways to attract your prospects at each stage of the customer journey.
And that’s a wrap! The blueprint mentioned above could be the secret ingredient for your recipe for success. However, let’s be clear that this social media journey won’t be a walk in the park. It will require immense hard work and unwavering determination. But fear not, these steps will significantly lighten your load and make your journey a tad smoother.