How to Get Skilled Worker Visa UK

Skilled Worker visa UK
Skilled Worker visa UK

A skill is a talent or ability that can be learned and developed through practice. A worker is someone who has the experience and skills to do a job that requires more than basic qualifications. Immigrants with these two qualities are wanted in countries such as the United Kingdom, which offer them settlement help if they choose to live there. The Skilled Worker Visa allows immigrants who meet some minimum criteria to settle in the United Kingdom permanently as UK residents. They will then become possible UK citizens.

The Skilled Worker Visa UK allows those who have skilled employment lined up with UK employers to apply for an immigrant visa under the Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP). The FSWP includes several programs: FSW (Federal Skilled Worker), FPS (Federal Skilled Trades), FST (Federal Skilled Trades), and CEC (UK Experience Class).

How long can you stay on the Skilled Worker visa UK?

There are two kinds of students – those who want to stay, and those who don’t. We can easily see latterly interested only in going for a vacation and coming back home with the money spent on education. “Come here, get your degree, have fun and go back home! While you’re at it, please pay lots of money so we could build a new campus!”

The first ones always ask if it is possible to remain long after they finish their studies. It’s obvious that this depends from person to person: some will find a job within days, while others will have more difficulties. In any case, NO ONE guarantees that you’ll be able to remain in the UK after your studies – you have to try your best.

We can use a map of job opportunities for graduates from Cambridge University as an example:

Keep in mind that this is just one university and there are many more all over the United Kingdom, which means TENS OF THOUSANDS of opportunities. After graduating from Cambridge, you can work either as a student or as a skilled worker within 4 years. If you wish to extend your visa, you will need to present some evidence… In some cases, it’s not so easy! But before we take a look at different possibilities let’s do some math first. In order not to waste time on those who don’t want/need an answer let me say it right away:

YES, you can stay in the United Kingdom after graduating in the UK and YES, it’s possible to extend your visa. It IS possible to work and study at the same time (e.g., 2 jobs) but beware of rules regarding working hours!

What level of English language is required for the Skilled Worker visa UK?

Six months of language training is required to pass the English language test at level B1, which is required for getting a Skilled Worker visa.

I am thinking about applying for a UK skilled worker visa, but I am not sure if my English level will be enough. Is it possible to apply with lower English?

However, there is only one way to find out how you’re speaking or writing skills are. You can take an exam that measures these skills. The most common ones are IELTS Academic or TOEFL iBT. They are offered by certified centers all over the world. If you want to find a test center or reserve a place, you should use the official websites of the exam. The following links are for IELTS and TOEFL iBT.

I would suggest that you take the speaking part only. It is optional but speaking skills are tricky during an interview. Another advantage of taking the speaking part is that your examiner will mark it separately. This means that if you score 6 on writing but 12 on speaking, your total marks are 6+12=18 out of 24 required to pass at B1 level. However, keep in mind that there are many other requirements needed to get Skilled Worker Visa in the UK – see this overview for more details.

What is needed to successfully apply for a Skilled Worker visa UK?

A Skilled Worker visa is for applicants who are outside the UK, and who want to live in the UK to work there. This type of application is created under Tier 2 of the points-based system. Applicants are must confirm a job offer from an employer in the UK who is authorized to sponsor people under this category. However, not all jobs can be advertised through Tier 2 of this system. You should also note that when applying for entry clearance or leave to remain in the UK as a skilled worker, you cannot include dependents (for example, your partner and children) in your application unless they are eligible to apply separately on their own right.

  • The applicant must meet requirements related to qualifications/skills/experience.
  • The applicant must have an English language qualification at B1 level or higher. This knows as an ‘essential skills’ requirement.
  • The applicant must meet health insurance requirements including medical examinations carried out by registered doctors.
  • The applicant has to pay the relevant visa fee. Which is the US $ 1720 for every person applying under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system. This excludes application fees payable when making an in-country application.
  •  A further issue that should be noted is that although the UK government website suggests that you can work in any job when you are in possession of this type of visa, there are indeed jobs that cannot even be advertised through this channel (for example jobs involving driving and security).
  • The applicant must also have an official bank account in their name. Because the employer cannot pay your salary into a third party’s account, even if this person is a family member. It is actually illegal to do so and you could get deported/cancel from your visa status.
  • If these requirements meet, then the applicant may be eligible for automatic clearance. To learn more about this process click here [LINK].

What are the qualifying points for a Skilled Worker visa UK?

Skilled Workers are immigrants who have skills in needed fields. They fill gaps in the workforce and bring with them new ideas that enrich society.

To be eligible for a Skilled Worker visa in the United Kingdom, you must meet these criteria:

You have at least one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time work. Experience in the last ten years in an occupation listed under NOC 0, A, or B. Your employees are authorized under relevant provincial/territorial legislation or relevant UK federal legislation. If your work experience is not continuous, it can still count towards your application. If it was consecutive or interrupted by a period of unemployment that did not exceed three months;

How can I apply for the Skilled Worker visa UK?

If you are not a British national, you must complete an application online. You will need to read the guidance notes before starting your application, then follow the instructions on how to apply.

You should also read the user guide for more information on what to do once you have submitted your application. The user guide is available in multiple languages. To apply using this route you must be able to prove that one of these languages is English or Welsh. The others are Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Chinese, Croatian, Czech.

You will need to complete the appropriate sections, depending on how you plan to apply. The following guidance applies to applications made online or by post. You can also contact us for help with your application both before and after it has been submitted.