Finding the correct terminal block can be a difficult process. Since there are so many sizes and types available in the terminal block, it can get a bit hard to narrow down on a particular terminal block. There are so many variants in the market as well by different manufacturers. Although you will find a lot of these blocks online, keep in mind that certain manufacturers, for instance, Phoenix Contact terminal block 24vdc are one of the best in the market. So, make sure you read the reviews of the manufacturers making them before investing in a terminal block.
In this article, we will share with you some essential details about terminal blocks and how you should select one for your needs. We have listed down some points for this purpose. Let’s take a look at them.
- Let’s begin by understanding what a terminal block is. It is a term used for insulated, modular blocks. These blocks are employed in electrical components for linking together 2 or more electrical wires or for discontinuing them. In simpler terms, terminal blocks are nothing but a strip of several terminals linked together
- Since there are different types available in the market, you need to know what type is applicable for your needs. You will be able to get screw-mounted, screw-less, ground circuit, single-feed through, disconnect, etc. You will need to know what your specific requirements are and accordingly go for the type
- The next thing you need to know is the electrical specifications needed for every terminal block. Examples of these specifications include current, wire size, voltage, etc. You will find that the wires’ size will be given in mm2 and based on the amperage ratings. Keep in mind that the size of the wire will be determined by the fact whether the conductor being employed is stranded or solid
- Once you have considered all of these, the next thing you need to do is choose the accessories. For example, once you have decided whether you will go with a shallow or deep block housing, then you need to buy proper end brackets and block covers. You can also consider using internal jumpers, angled support brackets, blank marking tags, etc. Just make sure you get all the key accessories for the proper functioning of the terminal block
- To find out the DIN rail’s length required for your assembly, you will have to work out the total density per foot of the terminal block
If you need to buy top-quality terminal blocks, you can get them online from some reputed electrical components distributors. From them, you will be able to get Siemens auxiliary contact block, Phoenix Contact’s blocks, and many other well-known manufacturer’s terminal blocks. Just keep the above-mentioned points in mind while shopping for the right terminal block.